You may have read about the major gas main replacement work planned in the town centre in the new year. The Town Council has agreed to keep everyone updated on the works during that period to let you know when each road will be closed, as unfortunately, it’s going to be very complicated and disruptive.
Cadent’s contractor, Triio, will be replacing the gas mains in Mundesley Road, Market Street, Market Place, Mitre Tavern Yard and Church Street.
The work is being done as part of a national safety programme to replace old cast iron mains.
The programme is expected to be;
- During January and first week of February – Mundesley Road (Vicarage Street junction to Market Street)
- End of January to end of February – Market Street to Market Cross
- End of February to mid March – Market Cross to Kings Arms (Thursdays only, while Market Place is closed for the market)
- End of February to end of March – Market Place
- End of March to early April – Church Street junction with Market Place
- Early April – Mitre Tavern Yard
During these periods road closures and diversions will be in place, including reversal of one way traffic, and all changing frequently. We will post details of these with specific dates as the work proceeds.