01692 404114 info@nwtc.org.uk

Cemeteries & Allotments

Chapel Cemetery

Mundesley Rd, North Walsham NR28 0DB

Purchased from R C Lacey on 27 August 1856 – Size 2 acres/2 rods

Chapel Cemetery picture 1

Chapel Cemetery picture 2

Abstract of Title 8.10.1762

Covenant 27.8.1856

Conveyance 27.8.1856

North/South Cemetery

Bacton Rd, North Walsham NR28 9DS

Purchased from the Reverend R Tucker 6 August 1896 – Size 4 acres/3 rods/15 perches
Purchased from Edward Green 5 November 1902 – Size 26x150ft and 8ft x189ft

North/South Cemetery picture 1

North/South Cemetery picture 2

Abstract of title 7.5.1761

Abstract of title 7.5.1761
Transcript
R Tucker Agreement
24.6.1896
R Tucker Agreement 24.6.1896
Transcript
R Tucker Enfranchisement
30.7.1896
R Tucker Deed 30.7.1896
Transcript
R Tucker Conveyance
6.8.1896
R Tucker Conveyance 6.8.1896
Transcript
E Green Agreement
20.9.1901
E Green Agreement 20.9.1901
Transcript
E Green Enfranchisement
15.5.1902
E Green Deed 15.5.1902
Transcript
E Green Conveyance
5.11.1902
E Green Conveyance 5.11.1902
Transcript

St Nicholas Churchyard (closed)

Market Place, North Walsham NR28 9BT

North Walsham Churchyard was closed as a burial ground in 1856 when the Chapel Cemetery first came into use

St Nicholas Church

The Church was built between 1330-1390 and is the oldest building in the Town. It was built with a length of 205ft, a width of 72ft and with a magnificent tower of 180ft. The tower clapsed on 16.5.1774 the day after the Ascensiontide fair and several hours of bell ringing. It collasped again on 17.2.1836 due to heavy gales which sent a quake like tremor through the Town. The tower now remains at just 85ft.

The Paston Way Walk begins at the Churchyard, and is 22 miles long finishing in Cromer

Allotments

War Memorial Park Allotments x6

New Rd, North Walsham NR28 9DE

Land transferred back to North Walsham Town Council from North Norfolk District Council on 19 November 2003, and created for use as 6x garden plots on 1 October 2009

Cemetery Temporary Garden Plots x10

North/South Cemetery, Bacton Rd North Walsham 9DS

Purchased from 48 Bacton Rd on 7 February 1997
Size 0.73 acres